Poverty is an issue that has remained a constant despite the change in governments in the past decade. While measures and initiatives have not been less by any standards, there is still a lot to cover when helping poor is taken into consideration. It is also pretty evident that to address the issue of poverty in India, the citizens also need to take initiative and do their bit for social help care.
To take a more realistic approach, it is not entirely possible to eliminate poverty but there can surely be measures through we can have a control over the state of things regarding this social issue. Helping poor is crucial in the initial stages, and this can be nothing short of a miracle, but also a step in the right direction.
Become a part to eliminate poverty simply through donations!
Donations are a huge factor for social help care, so much that the importance cannot be highlighted enough. Simply getting rid of things which are not of much use to us can make a deep impact in our task of helping poor and needy. And there are a number of everyday items that can be donated to make a mark on the lives of the needy –
- Toys – It is rare to find a household with children that does not have a bunch of toys that are of no use whatsoever. And these toys can be the reason for the kids of the needy to smile and be happy about. All it needs on our part is taking these toys to the people who were not fortunate enough to buy those toys themselves.
- Clothes – There are loads of clothes which we wore just a couple of times and then we grew a bit too quickly which left them forgotten in our wardrobes. These clothes can be a very good option to give to the needy. They also do not require any sort of an extra effort apart from just a little time to monitor the clothes you do not need any more.
- Books – One of the best gifts for social help care. While donating books gives you the freedom to add new titles to your own collection, it also gives the needy ones an opportunity to become aware of the things around them in the world, and also impart social values and moral virtues in them.
Apart from donations, there are a couple of other fascinating ways for helping the poor, in the form of awareness programs and sharing your particular skills or knowledge with them.
- Awareness programs – Programs that are aimed to create awareness regarding education for children, sanitary habits, prohibition of child marriage and many such topics of which the less fortunate are not aware of are a great way to helping poor and restoring order and discipline in their lives, along with a sense of purpose.
- Imparting skills or knowledge – Every individual is blessed with certain abilities that can be imparted or shared with the poor people or children of a neighbourhood. Singing, dancing, public speaking are a few of them.
Social help care can make a lot of lives of the underprivileged better, helping the society be imparted with a moral culture too.